who are the top real estate attorney specializing in mortgage loan modifications?

Deal Score0

Due to an unexpected salary drop in 2009 as a result of the downturn in the economy, I would like to seek mortgage loan modifications through the help of an attorney. Serious answers only, please. This is a very serious matter for me. Thank you.

  1. Reply
    Pat F
    April 29, 2011 at 11:17 pm

    What city or state or country or continent are you asking about? How about a hint. Serious hints only.

  2. Reply
    Expert Realtor
    April 29, 2011 at 11:32 pm

    An attorney isn’t going to help you with that. There is no law, anywhere, that says a mortgage company has to modify your loan.

    Read that again: No law…nowhere.

    That is why an attorney cannot help you…there is no special paperwork, no law, no special legal argument, nothing an attorney can make.

    Even Project Hope is VOLUNTARY for banks to participate in.

    All you can do is call the bank and ask…but since 2009 isn’t even here yet, I can already tell you that the answer you will get is no.

    The reason, is that falls under the catagory of “life” and people’s income fluctuates over the 30 years of the typical mortgage loan. If banks modified a loan every time someone’s income changed, that is all they would be doing and they would lose money in the refinance sector.

    Refinancing is going to be your best option or selling to a home you can afford. If you know your income is going to go down, don’t put your home or credit at risk if you know you cannot make the payment.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password