When Should I lock-in my mortgage rate?

Deal Score0

Just bought a house on 3/15/06. My settlement date is 81 days away. Bond market did well yesterday, so the rates today and the next few days “should” be better. Given how things are going, would you pay the extra 2.5-4 thousand dollars to have a “90-day” lock extension, or would you risk it and just wait 20 more days until April 5th or so to lock-in for 60-day loan and thus I would not have to pay the 2.5-4 thousand dollar extension fee???? Today’s date is 3/17/06

Tags:

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

      Leave a reply

      Register New Account
      Reset Password