When selling a home for sale by owner, where the does settlement/closing meeting typically occur?

Deal Score0

  1. Reply
    Juan B
    July 17, 2011 at 7:36 pm

    You’ll still need a lawyer (that would be the smart thing, at least) for all the legal paperwork. You could close at their office.

  2. Reply
    July 17, 2011 at 8:09 pm

    Your lender’s office or title company would be other alternatives.

  3. Reply
    thaffar d
    July 17, 2011 at 8:36 pm

    If there are no lawyers included ( not a very good idea now-a-days – cover yourself and get one to at least read over the agreements ) you can close at the Title companies office.

  4. Reply
    9 daughters
    July 17, 2011 at 8:39 pm

    Most sales, including for sale by owners, go through a title company (or escrow company) and the closing is usually done in their office. You can ask for other arrangements, however. I just closed two sales through a title company and, because I don’t drive, they came to my home to sign all the papers.

  5. Reply
    July 17, 2011 at 9:28 pm

    One place is in an Escrow Office.

  6. Reply
    July 17, 2011 at 9:29 pm

    An attorney’s office or a title and escrow company.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password