When I told my banker, I shopped the loan to get a better price? Is it too risky to another lender?

Deal Score0

I have owned small businesses over 10 years, so I went into my pre-approval of a mortgage bank. The bankers seem to think it is to deal with the sale and the interest rate will not budge. He said that the FHA “is what it is, without any flexibility.” We also had been pre-qualified (not pre-approved) with a lender who was referred to us. He says he is ready to cut wages by almost a quarter-point rate (no points or fees). I do not tell me that the lender bank, I shopped the loan, but I told him I received an email this morning to offer the lowest prices. He said it was just a publicity hook and again that “prices are the prices.” Should I tell him I have a lender offers me a discount? When I go to my bank transactions can be smooth as they do their business. Other lenders will require much more in our statements and things like that, and I am a little worried about my illness, they dwell on the corporate structure and bureaucracy . But the idea of ​​paying one quarter of it is enormous. What should I do?

  1. Reply
    Racer X aka Rex Racer
    April 30, 2011 at 12:28 am

    If you have locked in a rate with the first bank you spoke to then their hands are tied and so are yours. That is why they are called lock in agreements. If you have not locked in then the FHA Rate you have been quoted should be flexible to the market conditions.

    As for the other banker I can’t say they are coming on to you with a “teaser” rate but it has happened before, just to steal business from someone else and to bump you in rate after you burnt the bridge with the other banker.

    As for a quarter “point” it is actually a quarter percentage and it can’t make that much difference. For example:

    125K @ 5.00% for 30 years is $ 671.03 Principal and Interest

    125K @ 5.25% for 30 years is $ 690.25 Principal and Interest

    So $ 19.22 difference. (By the way I know FHA Rates are a little better than this, I am just using round numbers as an example)

    “Points” are paid to reduce rates.

    If I were you I would keep my business in house with the bank you do business with, they will be there to serve you personally and business wise while this second banker is just looking for a one time deal.

    Good Luck in whatever you decide.

  2. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 12:54 am

    You have to make a decision if you want to go with your bank who will not get off the rate they have quoted. If you so desire you may see if your banker will match or beat the mortgage broker’s rate. This is done all the time in real estate transactions.

    You also have a mortgage banker that can get you a mortgage loan for .25 difference.

    This is such a minor difference that it really matters not which the rate is. You will be able to take the interest rate as a tax deductible item on your federal income taxes. So you will be getting that back.

    Most interest rates are based on your credit score and that is proved by the minor difference in the rate between your banker and your mortgage banker.

    If you have built trust with the bank and they have most of the documents you would need to close this real estate transaction as oppose to amassing the information your mortgage broker would want and need to properly close this transaction, you would have a decision to make which you feel more comfortable working with.

    I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.

    “FIGHT ON”

  3. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 12:56 am

    Since you were pre-qualified with this other lender, the lender hasn’t pulled credit on you yet. When you get a blind quote like that, they tell you the best rate available, and you may or may not qualify for that. My impression is that the bank has pulled credit and has actually approved your income, assets and credit, since you used the term pre-approval. There is a difference between these things.

    Have you locked your rate? If you did, then the bank is right. Your rate is locked. If not, you would get the rate in effect on the day you do lock. Being self-employed is another complication. You mention there could be an issue with your business structure, but the bank is already ok with it. I think you’d be risking not getting either mortgage is you dump the bank. FHA doesn’t fix the rates, the individual lender does, but as a loan originator, I have very little leeway with rates. If the bank is telling you this is the rate, the person you’re talking to probably doesn’t have the authority to do anything else.

    Right now you have the proverbial bird in the hand with your bank, and one in the bush with a lender you don’t really know.

  4. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 1:28 am

    If you looking for a legitimate online loans in 1 Hour.once approved your loan will be transferred directly to your checking account promptly, and securely. Now you’ll be able to use the cash for all your necessities.


    • 100% secure and processing
    • No faxing -No credit check
    • Immediate online approval
    • Excellent customer service
    • Get Cash in Minutes!
    Good luck!………….

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password