What’s a quick way to transfer my parents home to my name?

Deal Score0

My parent’s home is paid off. They are recently divorced. It’s actually empty as we speak. I was going to go through escrow to buy the house, but my parents suggested ruling out the middle man since they won’t be getting much for the house and are ready to get rid of it. My mother’s only concern is that her name is off the title of the house so that she can get health insurance. My parents both want me to have the house instead of going the hassle of finding a buyer. How do we go about transferring the house to mine and my husband’s name? Is there a quick process or a quick form?

  1. Reply
    November 10, 2011 at 3:03 pm

    see an attorney….you need to do this right.

  2. Reply
    November 10, 2011 at 3:31 pm

    ~~There is a form you can get called a “Quit Claim Deed.” You can get one through the Hall of Records in your county. You each complete your sections, have all your signatures notarized, then file it with the county clerk. There will be no extra fees because you are their daughter.

    It will cost approximately $ 120 for the entire process, maybe less depending on your area.~~

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password