What kind of license would you need to sell items from your house, or maybe even a store?

Deal Score0

My friend has been wanting to make her own “store” and asked me what kind of license you would need, and all these other questions.
How old do you have to be to get a license?
How do you get a license?
How much does it cost?
What kind of license do you need if your selling perfume, and lotion?

  1. Reply
    July 21, 2011 at 2:14 am

    You dont have to you you have to buy or make the products

  2. Reply
    July 21, 2011 at 2:20 am

    Depends on the state. Offhand I don’t know of any state requiring a license for selling perfume and lotions. If your state has a sales tax you’d have to register to collect that. It’s usually called a “Reseller’s Certificate”.

    A state’s “Secretary of State” website usually has data on this sort of thing.

  3. Reply
    July 21, 2011 at 2:50 am

    you go to the franchise tax board and get a resellers certificate so all you buy that is for resell you don’t pay taxes on then you go to the city hall and get a business license to own and profit from a store in their city. The problem is residential streets in most cases are not coded to apply for business licenses for retail space and so you have some work to do. If the retail shop has no drive up come in and shop customers but is just an on line store I think no problem.

  4. Reply
    Tony RB
    July 21, 2011 at 3:29 am

    You should find a “Mary Kay Cosmetic” salesperson or an “Avon Lady” and they can give you more answers, as this is how they do business.

    She will have to collect sales tax if she is in a business selling things, so she has to be prepared to keep good records.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password