What can I do about mortgage lender that falsified documents?

Deal Score0

This started in 2007. I have the copy of the Uniform Residential Loan Application that we were given that shows my income at $ 4,000 per month. We made an offer on a home, but then backed out when we were given the terms of the loan. They tried to give us a sub-prime loan that was interest only for two years, then it was going to bump up significantly. I knew there was no way we could afford it so we backed out. Afterwards we received another copy of the URLA in the mail. They altered my income and stated I made $ 10,900 per month. I never stated that and I never signed anything stating that. It also states that I have a $ 36,000 fishing boat and $ 45,000 worth of equipment.

The payments were $ 4,500 for 24 payments then $ 5,500 for 335 payments. 11.84% costing almost $ 2 million to by a $ 549k house.

My only concern is that the state attorney general knows about it in case they are doing something about it and this may help them.

What do you think about it?

  1. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 1:02 am

    I would start locally. Talk your local DA or to the local police. It may be they can do little since you backed out and were not hurt (thank goodness) but you can sure show that the loan officer may have intended to commit bank fraud.

  2. Reply
    Glenn S
    April 30, 2011 at 1:19 am

    Why are you worried about it 3 years later?

    Since you didn’t borrow the money you were not harmed and you would not have any grounds for a law suit.

    Depending on the state, since you waited so long there is good chance that the statue of limitations has run out. There is also a very high probably that the company is no longer in business. Complaints against realtors and lenders heard by a National Realtor Association or State Realtor Association must filed within 90 days after the discovery.

  3. Reply
    May 28, 2013 at 6:01 pm

    when my husband took loan out on car the loan employee made copy of husbands drivers license cut out his pic and taped to another government paperwork he had..and used it as second form of identification.. we lost out jobs and he had surgery they want to repo it. can we get out of loan over this?

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password