Washington is trying to deport my mother’s property it owns. Can they do it?

Deal Score0

In July 2000, my mother and grandmother, the city bought the house for $ 93,000. For my mother, the quality of bank loan officer has recommended that my mother and my grandmother SSI income, which he did, finally ready and qualified. The next 6 years, my mother gets a mortgage payment and early January 2006, my grandmother lost her fight against ovarian cancer and suri.Kaheksa months later, after the death of my grandmother My mother and I received a letter from the Department of Washington State Social Services and Health, noting potential interest in our properties to meet the health care, which fell from my grandmother over the years, the amount of $ 195,478.48. My mother decided to hire a lawyer, who has promised to solve this problem, and she paid him $ 2,000.00 dollars, but end up demanding more money and he paid of $ 2000.00 dollars more he abandoned the case and asked for more raha.Eelmisel week we got a letter from the State of Washington (DSHS), arguing that if the amount is not paid in full 28/02/2009 they can force the sale of property and / or closing. Because of my mother and grandmother both the title and mortgage, my mother has always been listed in the main owner of vara.Ma do not know how else to help my mother. It was essentially stolen the Russian lawyer. And the reason he went to Russia was a lawyer, because he does not speak fluent English and has been licensed to practice law in Washington osariigis.Pärast 8 years, the property is not worth the balance between DSHS. What initiatives can bring the dispute DSHS my mother? My mother is ready to abandon the property and make it go to foreclosure. Any advice would be really appreciated.

  1. Reply
    April 29, 2011 at 10:50 pm

    It was a mistake to include you grandmother, that gives her equity, and as she owes money, that equity is fair game.

    As for attorneys, I will remind you of the old joke.

    Q.) Why don’t sharks ever attack lawyers?

    A.) Professional courtesy.

    It isn’t worth considering suing an attorney.

    Good luck…

  2. Reply
    April 29, 2011 at 11:39 pm

    I am confused at to the ‘satisfy medical assistance that was provided to you Grandmother”.. was this a bill..? your grandmothers I am assuming was medical assistance from the state.? I was not aware that they could come back on a person that has passed and ask for it back..?

    Is this letter true or a fake..?

  3. Reply
    Mama Pastafarian
    April 30, 2011 at 12:27 am

    When grandmother’s name was put on the property, she became the owner of the property, along with your mother. Since your grandmother received public funds for her health care, the state wants her property and assets to be used to pay for that health care.

    There is no “primary” owner of the property. The two are considered to each own the property equally.

    The state’s view is why should the residents of the state pay for her health care when she had assets that could be used for that health care? It’s not nice, but it’s the law.

    Your mother might be able to exempt half the value of the property, but she will need to pay at least half the value to the state for your grandmother’s health care.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password