Question Mortgage brother as mortgage on my property.?

Deal Score0

It’s a strange situation and I wonder if someone might have been thrown advice or something similar and could help you. About 4 years ago to ask my brother to me if she was allowed to inherit a mortgage on my house 10k property shotgun set for a start-up loans. I went to the mortgage company and signed the papers with him. His friend, when to mortgage his property on loan. 3 years later my mother had moved to take care of me for health reasons with my little niece, she had tried. My brother was my mother and himself in October this year and said he stopped making payments on the debt to change two moths ago to inform us in October. He confessed to the mortgage debt was U.S. $ 40k and he played in 18 months without money to invest in his company. Told my mother and I if we wanted to assess the inheritance of property in its current state 24k, we begin making payments to pay its debts and keep its remaining debt of 33.5k his mortgage on my house. He said he was tired of the responsibilities and wanted my mother and himself to assume his responsibilities on him. I went to the mortgage company to know my legal responsibility in the sense of guilt, I signed the mortgage documents (I did not co-sign the mortgage). The mortgage company gave me my name is not on the mortgage and there were no signatures by me and to them. My brother has disappeared after October and I am afraid that my mother is sick and not become homeless because of bad decisions of my brother. I talked with lawyers and prosecutors of criminal property. They told me to empty the property and not paid on its debt, and when I took my brother to court, it would be word against word, and they were not willing to help for this reason and for the reason that the family against family. I wonder if anyone has an idea or there are laws to protect my family against our brother for trying, we can not financially responsible for his mistakes. He tries to force us to pay his debts by his mortgage over our heads. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  1. Reply
    Helen, EA in PA
    May 4, 2011 at 1:37 am

    Take everything you have and take it to a lawyer. Do not rely on free advice, you could lose your home.

    Helen, EA in PA

  2. Reply
    May 4, 2011 at 1:45 am

    You need to talk to a lawyer very fast.

    One point, the way it sounds is it’s not just your brothers loan, its your loan as well. You better get a credit report to check it out. and TALK TO A LAWYER FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING.

  3. Reply
    May 4, 2011 at 2:32 am

    Your brother refinanced the house after the first mortgage since you were no longer on the mortgage. The property is probably in your brother’s name also.

    There is little you can do if this is the situation. You can not sell it unless he signs the deed over to you.

    You might try a “Short Sale” since the house exceeds what the mortgage is. You could call or go by the mortgage company, ask them to send you a “Short Sale Package” You might be able to complete the Short sale package, if so you will not need assistance.

    If you need the assistance of a loan modification expert. You will find one advertising on the TV or you might find one in the local telephone book. You might also Google for one if you have and understand a computer.

    This is the only option I can come up with other wise if the property is only worth 24k in it’s present condition you got the best advice from the attorneys you spoke with, unless you can get a short sale.

    I hope this has been of some use to you,good luck.

    “FIGHT ON”

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password