Our mortgage company saxon mortgage has not paid our escrow account after several attempts. ?

Deal Score+1

After Several Phone calls to Saxon Mortgage and being routed by their call center several times over the past 9 months our escrow has not still been paid. We have sent them the loan documentation and our mortgage payment clearly says escrow amount they have not released the funds yet for the taxes. How should I proceed because they seem to constantly give us the run around.


  1. Reply
    Kris D
    April 29, 2011 at 11:00 pm

    Had the same problem with them myself years ago….keep them in the phone until they handle the problem, have a 3 way call with your insurance company and Saxxon…advise saxxon this is what you want…a 3 way call to resolve this issue now

  2. Reply
    April 29, 2011 at 11:01 pm

    It appears that your mortgage company is in violation of RESPA.

    The Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) is a consumer protection statute. Sections 6 and 10 of RESPA provide you with certain rights regarding the servicing of your mortgage and escrow account.

    Escrow Account. …RESPA does … provide you with the following protections with regard to the escrow account:

    * If your lender or mortgage servicer requires you to maintain an escrow account for the purpose of paying property taxes, hazard insurance, etc., RESPA requires that the servicer pay such items by the dates due to avoid a penalty or late charge.

    What you need to do is submit a written letter to Saxon Mortgage that includes your name, address and account number that addresses the issue and requests that your taxes are immediately paid and that they are paid promptly in the future. If they refuse to act, file a RESPA complaint that includes a copy of your written request.

    Filing a RESPA complaint

    Persons who believe a settlement service provider has violated RESPA in an area in which the Department has enforcement authority (primarily sections 6, 8 and 9), may wish to file a complaint. The complaint should outline the violation and identify the violators by name, address and phone number. Complainants should also provide their own name and phone number for follow up questions from HUD. Requests for confidentiality will be honored. Complaints should be sent to:

    Director, Office of RESPA and Interstate Land Sales
    US Department of Housing and Urban Development
    Room 9154
    451 7th Street, SW
    Washington, DC 20410

    Visit http://www.hud.gov or http://www.bestfhalender.com for more information.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password