My Attorney Wants A Authorization Letter From Me To Contact My Mortgage Company.?

Deal Score0

I’m speaking with my Attorney for help with my Mortgage/Loan Company. Im looking for a modification loan on my house. My Attorney requested a Authorization Letter from me so he could contact the mortgage company and about my modification request. In the letter he needs the account numbers of my loan and the address where he could send the letter. I got the address, all I need now is how to write this letter in the correct form.

  1. Reply
    April 29, 2011 at 10:52 pm

    So give it to him.
    It’s just your permission for him to discuss your loan with lender.
    No correct form.

  2. Reply
    Danielle M
    April 29, 2011 at 11:47 pm

    Just write how you give him authorization to contact the bank regarding the loan mod for loan # at this address & sign it.

  3. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 12:04 am

    If he didn’t specify a format that just write as simple and non-confusing as possible. Simple words simple sentences. If it isn’t good enough your attorney will let you know.

  4. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 12:32 am

    Honestly, you should avoid your attorney. I have seen it many times where friends got a lawyer involved and it had the opposite wanted effect. It didn’t stop foreclosure, instead it sped up the process because the lender assumed the person had enough money for a lawyer, so why not to pay for their home.

    There is a good book you should consider getting called There’s No Place Like Your Home, which shows you how to slow down and even stop foreclosure yourself.

    The website for it is and the book is cheap. I got it and it helped me avoid a lot of mistakes I would have otherwise made. I’m close to being back on my feet now and I hope you get there soon.

    Hope this helps.

  5. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 12:36 am

    This is correct, your lender is legally not able to give any information to anyone to include your attorney without your authorization.

    There is not particular form that you need to place this information on, simply write your social security number, loan number, address and other information about your mortgage on a letter that you authorize your attorney and his associates to obtain information about your mortgage account. You should also include the address and telephone number of the mortgage company. Then all the individuals that are on the mortgage need to sign this document.

    You my do the same thing that your attorney is doing, all the lender want you to do is complete several documents and return them. This you can do without cost. Your lender will assist with the completion of the form.

    Your attorney is gonna charge you even if the lender denies your modification, they are charging for their time and the completion of the paperwork they are doing on your behalf. Not the fact that they can guarantee the desired results.

    I hope this has been of some use to you, good luck.

    “FIGHT ON”

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password