Mortgage Loan W2’s?

Deal Score0

I was told my credit score was excellent and now I have a meeting set up Friday. He emailed me a list of things to bring, which included my last two years of W2’s. Problem is I can’t find my 2006 forms. I read online that it takes a long time to get copies through the IRS. What are my options? Is this even a big deal?

  1. Reply
    January 27, 2011 at 8:01 pm

    Go to your local IRS office and request an official “transcript” of your 2006 tax account. That transcript will show the amount of the wages shown on your 2006 tax return. They should be able to do this as you wait.

    This document is actually more authentic than a W2 which could be altered.

  2. Reply
    Jeromy W
    January 27, 2011 at 8:33 pm

    I wouldn’t worry about it too much, as long as you have your most recent paystubs (showing a full month’s income) you should be ok with your 07 w-2 unless you have a lot of investments, then you would need full schedules with your tax returns. They can start the process with the 07 w-2, if you need it later, you can always get it then

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password