Is it possible to get a loan directly from an mortgage underwriter instead of a loan officer?

Deal Score0

have spent 3-4 week trying to refinance my mortgage loan & each time the loan officer I’m working with promises me that he is the person that can get my loan done…but it really comes down to the underwriter decision. Why can I just work with an underwriter instead of a loan officer? It will say sooo much time!

  1. Reply
    January 20, 2011 at 9:42 pm

    no. the mortgage loan agent is a underwriters employee.

  2. Reply
    mortgage help
    January 20, 2011 at 10:15 pm

    Lenders do not want you talking directly to the Underwriter. They are there to make an objective decision on the loan. The lender wants the most objective review on loans for whether they should be approved or not… Your direct contact will not allow this to happen.

    If it’s a tough loan, you are going to try to “sell” the underwriter on why they should approve your loan. Do your “selling” to your Loan Officer, and he/she will present your loan package in the best possible light to the underwriter.

  3. Reply
    the dream
    January 20, 2011 at 10:33 pm

    You could if you were dealing with a hardmoney lender though I really do not have enough information to recommend you talk to 1.

    Take 2 minutes and fill out the free evaluation form at

  4. Reply
    January 20, 2011 at 10:33 pm

    You should look for Schools that have loan processing. Most of them have a Certified Underwriters program also called De Underwriter.

    Some companies will allow you to get on the job training if you have processed loans for them and they are in need of a junior underwriter.

    There are some junior underwriters positions that you will find in the news papers, but most require that you have had some processing skills or worked as a escrow officer.

    Your best bet is through a certified mortgage banking or broker school that you can find in your local telephone book.

    I hope this has been of some help to you, good luck.

    “FIGHT ON”

  5. Reply
    January 20, 2011 at 11:28 pm

    You don’t have to be certified in my state. You just have to get into a mortgage company and work your way up.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password