If I fill my 2009 taxes already and received a refund and now I must submit a 1040x to for First time home buy?

Deal Score0

If I fill my 2009 taxes already and received a refund and now I submit a 1040x for First time home buyer credit. Does line 6 need to be filled out even though Line 7 and 9 does not apply to me?

  1. Reply
    the tax lady
    July 21, 2011 at 1:53 am

    You can start at line 10.

  2. Reply
    Tax Chopper
    July 21, 2011 at 2:12 am

    If the 1040x just to claim your first time home buyer credit, nothing will change or to be added in to your tax return.Simply fill the 1040x, you should also prepar form 5405 which you should attached it to the 1040x PLUS all important pages of the contract (purchasing the house) signed by all parties, copies of the last 2 months of your utilities of the place you are buying showing the same address, and copy of your driver lic or id showing that you are living there.
    You must check the right answer of line 6 and 9. If any answer left without being answered, this will delay your requested credit.

  3. Reply
    July 21, 2011 at 2:40 am

    once you have completed the information lines, the only lines you need to change would be ones you are making changes to, ie. the refund/credit line

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password