I need to file a complaint about the mortgage lender servicing my loan. How do I do this?

Deal Score0
  1. Reply
    Spock (rhp)
    January 25, 2011 at 11:47 am

    try your state’s or province’s department of banking — which ever agency it is that regulates financial institutions. they’ll direct you to the better agency if there is one.

  2. Reply
    mike f
    January 25, 2011 at 12:27 pm

    Well what kind of complaint? Are they no honoring the terms of the original contract signed by the funding bank? or is it a customer service complaint, i.e can’t get a monthly statements? Or are they messing up your escrow account? Depending on the complaint depends where you file it. Obviously the BBB is one place, but in all honestly no matter what your complain it is or who you file it with don’t expect anything to change. Those processes are in place because of formality. However some lenders do take it serious so make their client relations would be a good start. As someone in a position who knows don’t bother talking to a customer service rep or a c/s manager they are useless and have very limited authority. If your looking to make a formal complaint just so it’s “on record” then put it in writing and send it to the Human Resources Dept. of that company otherwise in future be specific of what type of complaint so I can tell you what governing body to send it too.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password