I am in the militarty and moved to another state, can I have my car insurance from my home state?

Deal Score0

I am a resident of and my vehicle is registered in South Carolina and I am stationed in California. California’s insurance is way higher than SCs. I would like to carry insurance from SC on my vehicle.

  1. Reply
    June 26, 2011 at 8:59 am

    No – you have to switch insurance to the state you live in

  2. Reply
    June 26, 2011 at 9:41 am

    Your South Carolina driver license, vehicle registration, and “home state” insurance coverage is valid during tour of duty at a California military base as long as they remain valid. If any expire while here you must then obtain the California equevalent.

    “Thank You” for your service to the country. My family and I appreciate the good work you are doing on our behalf.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password