i am a registered notary in north carolina. How to you get to do mortgage loan closing as an independent?

Deal Score0

I have heard several mortgage companies use independent notaries to notarize their paperwork. I have no idea of the going rate to do this.

  1. Reply
    January 21, 2011 at 12:03 pm

    You can contact local title companies in your area and ask if they could use a mobile closer. They’ll usually pay $ 50 to $ 150 per closing, depending on how far you have to travel.

  2. Reply
    JOHN L
    January 21, 2011 at 12:41 pm

    I’m here in S. Carolina and there is a company called Primamerica sponsored by Citi Group..they will send you for free to get licensed if you join their gig

  3. Reply
    Reginald Whitcomb
    January 21, 2011 at 1:36 pm

    I would put together a letter explaining your services and introducing yourself, include a fee sheet, copy of your license, and a business card.

    Then send a couple hundred of those to mortgage brokers in your area. Two days after you mail them (maybe mail yourself one too, so you know when the other people will be receiving theirs), start calling them.

    Cold calling is tough, but it’s a good way to get your name out there and build relations

  4. Reply
    W. E
    January 21, 2011 at 1:59 pm

    Call your Local Title Company’s – I use 3 different title company’s and love having in house closings for my clients, saves them going out to the title company. Different states have different laws’ – just all the various title comany’s and find out what is needed. Good luck to you.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password