How do I check my lender if I’m self-employed I lay on your taxes?

Deal Score0

We have a process to approve home loans. I am independent housekeeper “who gets paid money to clean houses on the side. My mortgage company a letter requesting the CPA, but I get your taxes! Help! That can control your car. They already have my tax returns.

  1. Reply
    April 29, 2011 at 10:08 pm

    Copy of your last tax returns

  2. Reply
    Wayne Z
    April 29, 2011 at 11:05 pm

    A copy of the tax returns and transcript of your account with the IRS.

  3. Reply
    April 29, 2011 at 11:14 pm

    Ask your LENDER what they want for proof of your income. Tell them you can’t get a letter from a CPA because you do your own taxes. They probably want a transcript of 2-3 years worth of tax returns from the IRS, which you can request for free. The lender probably will not accept photo copies of the returns because anyone could fill out a tax form with bogus info and make a photo copy without actually sending the form to the IRS.

  4. Reply
    April 29, 2011 at 11:27 pm

    They may want the past three years of tax returns, which you should have in your files because you’re required by federal law to have them (to contradict what some “SmartA$ $ ” answered. Photocopies are completely acceptable under the laws of every state, unless someone challenges their authenticity.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password