How can we get help for mortgage fraud. How to find a lawyer when a person is indigent?

Deal Score0

Don’t know where to find help. My son who is developmentally disabled was conned into signing mortgage papers on four homes totaling over $ 1 million. He had great credit but was only making a little over minimum wage in a warehouse job when he answered an ad in a Chicago newspaper saying he could make money by helping other people with poor credit get housing. He was naive enough to believe this. Now all four homes are in foreclosure and we have nowhere to turn. We live near Chicago.How could they give loans to someone making so little money? Does anyone know where to go for help? He’s been served with papers. We are retired and cannot help him much.

  1. Reply
    May 1, 2011 at 7:39 am

    Your state’s attorney general exists for this very purpose. At the very least they can direct you to the best department that can help.

  2. Reply
    May 1, 2011 at 8:21 am

    Do you know who did those loans? broker or banker? Contact a good lawyer I’m from Madison so I don’t know any chicago lawyers but i do work for a mortgage broker here, I would also suggest contacting the department of financial institutions.

  3. Reply
    May 1, 2011 at 8:45 am

    Personally I would contact the district attorney. They should be able to press criminal charges, you or your son would not have to pay for this. We pay them via taxes to protect people like your son, I am sure they will be happy to jump all over this.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password