How can I request Credit Reporting agency to correct their report?

Deal Score0

I got a free Credit Report (online) that gives my credit score too. In the report I saw a Collection agency activity which is incorrect as I paid off the money long ago. How can I correct the matter? How do I formally let the agencies know about it?

  1. Reply
    November 10, 2011 at 6:30 am

    You submit a dispute with copies of documentation showing that it was paid off. That doesn’t remove the item – however, it should have the status updated to “paid.”

  2. Reply
    just me
    November 10, 2011 at 7:11 am

    If it is an error on their part and the money was there all along, then you can call them and ask to speak to a supervisor to have the credit report bid retracted. They will likely ask you for a copy of your bank statement showing the date the payment was withdrawn from your bank.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password