Homeowner Insurance?

Deal Score0

Hello. My father was working on the roof and fell off from there. His feet are injuried and he will have to sit in the wheelchair for 3 months. I read about Personal Liability in his insurance policy, but I am not clear if this will cover his medical cost. Any information will be helpful. I can’t contact my agency right now, because of the Thanksgiving holiday. My insurance claim department are not licensed to give me any information.
We do not have any health insurance at all. The family is under a great stress because we have no idea how to pay off the medical bill. My parents do not qualify for Medicare because they are not US citizens. Is there any assistance for medical bills for legal citizens?

  1. Reply
    July 21, 2011 at 2:58 am

    I believe personal liability is supposed to cover you in the event a visitor at your house got injured. So if your uncle fell off the roof, he’d be covered.

    Does your father have coverage through his employer for the medical costs?

  2. Reply
    Patricia D
    July 21, 2011 at 3:23 am

    There is no honest way any one can answer your question without first reviewing your insurance policy. I would concentrate on you father for now and insure all his needs are meet and worry about contacting the insurance company on Monday.

  3. Reply
    July 21, 2011 at 4:06 am

    Whose roof was he working on? As long as it isn’t his, he can sue the homeowner. If the homeowner was negligent, the policy will respond. If the homeowner WASN’T negligent, it’s not going to be covered.

    If he was doing this for pay, for the homeowner, the homeowner might be responsible for all workers compensation benefits – even though there is no coverage in place. The homeowners policy won’t cover workers comp benefits.

    If this is his own policy, he can’t sue himself – so there’s no coverage. He’ll need to rely on his health policy for medical injuries, and disability coverage for the time off work.

  4. Reply
    July 21, 2011 at 4:52 am

    From your question, it sounds like he was on his OWN roof.

    If so, the Personal Liability that you talk about is for damages to OTHER people.

    You cannot be liable to YOURSELF.

    Sorry for his injuries but it looks like you’re own your own for medical treatment.

    You might call social services or your local church for assistance.

    Good luck and I hope this helps!

  5. Reply
    Michael F
    July 21, 2011 at 4:58 am

    If medicaire excluded non-citizens, we would be a rich country..Call your local agency and apply for medicaid..If he owns the house, he has no medical coverage, if he was working on the landlords home, with his permission, he can sue for workers compensation, which would pay the medical bills

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password