Home repair grants in Texas?

Deal Score0

Does anyone know of any grant programs in Texas that will pay for home repair? I have a neighbor who lives on SSI and can’t possibly repay any kind of loan. She’s also 10 years too young to qualify for a reverse mortgage. I don’t think her house would qualify, either–the roof is leaking and the foundation is cracked. She also needs a lot of other work.
I’ve checked every website I can think of, including HUD, which only has programs for loans and rural homeowners. Does anyone have any other ideas? This lady really needs help!

  1. Reply
    January 29, 2011 at 3:07 pm

    HUD administers the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program which does provide money to state and city governments which may be used to finance local grant and loan programs that may help. Administration is left to the government entity receiving the block grant, so qualifications and who to contact varies from one location to another.

    I would start with your local social service agency. They would have a good idea what is available and where to apply. There are also private groups that operate in some areas. The social service agency should have information on that as well.

  2. Reply
    M n M
    January 29, 2011 at 3:39 pm

    yes she can get help. i tried the same thing but didn’t qualify. the state helps those that have low income, have disabilities, and senior citizens. also check with your city and county. they may be also to provide some assistance.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password