HELP!!my cat what do i do?

Deal Score0

i feel soo bad
i got my cat in jan 2005 and my cat was 6
now she is 10 and a half
he has had realy bad diarhea and vomiting for a week.
we took her to the vet and they said they could feel a lump.
they gave her medicen and she finished it
that cost £100
my parents are in very bad debt now because of loans and tax and the mortgage
the vet said that if her vomit and diarhea didnt stop we must take her back
but one consultation costs £35 and my parents dont have the money
we dont qualify for the blue cross because my parents dont have benefits.
my cat had stoped vomiting, but still has the diarhea
not sometimes i see her sitting with her but raised off the floor and her tail is realy stiff and not movimg , and then after 10 mins she is ok again
please help im 13 i dunno what to do!
my parents keep saying this is all my fault and they are not going to take her to the vet coz they dont have enough money for clothes, let alone to ‘waste on that stupid cat’
i know the best thing to do is to give her up but i just cant i love her too much. and besides, she is old and no one will want her she is my best friend and i dont know what i will do without her
what does it mean when she is sitting with her tail realy straight and not moving and her but is off the floor and she is leaning forwards. also her stomach is realy swolen and hard
my parents arent gonna take her to a vet and i cant give her up
what does it mean??
when she strains like that?
they dont belive me when i said the vet will not let my cat suffer and wil let us pay in installments
i think im gonna cry 🙁 they say im killing my poor cat!
do you know anywhere in london where i can take her for cheap treatment?
im realy scared she might die ;'(
i live in north west london in england
the pdsa says that we can only register if we get benefits, but my parents dont get any benefits or council tax income or anything like that 🙁
Sam H
im sorry if this sounds rude but the pdsa will only help if we get financial help from the government, but we dont so i cant register with them
also no one in my family gets it either
Sam H
im sorry if this sounds rude but the pdsa will only help if we get financial help from the government, but we dont so i cant register with them
also no one in my family gets it either

  1. Reply
    May 13, 2011 at 11:40 pm

    do u have any friends that can take your cat 2 the vet and then you will pay them back later??? or friends that will keep your cat so you can still visit her???

  2. Reply
    May 14, 2011 at 12:20 am

    make sure she is drinking water and eating.
    if not help her make sure she gets fluids
    try some l-lysine in her water to build her immune system.
    good luck.

  3. Reply
    May 14, 2011 at 12:22 am

    Do you have a PDSA anywhere near ? Your cat sounds to be in bad pain with a blockage in her insides and must see a vet urgently.Tell your parents there is now a pet welfare bill which says animals must have veterinary attention if they need it.They can get into serious trouble if they don’t do something soon. If you don’t have a PDSA near, phone the vets you already saw,who gave you the medicine and explain all of it to them, I don’t think any vet will leave an animal suffering as your cat is.
    I’m so sorry for you as you are too young for all this worry.
    Let us know what happens.

  4. Reply
    Sam H
    May 14, 2011 at 12:31 am

    ring PDSA they will help you. find out where your nearest pdsa is i know there is one in london.

  5. Reply
    Betti N
    May 14, 2011 at 1:18 am

    look at, they have a free phone number for help they are really good at giving advice. It could simply be a food allergy, try giving boiled chicken and rice for a few days to see if that helps.

  6. Reply
    May 14, 2011 at 2:07 am

    I do feel for you, your parents shouldn’t have animals at all. It is certainly not your fault. You’re the one who’s trying to do the best for her. I strongly recommend you contact an organisation like the rspca they will be able to advise you and see if they can treat her. They won’t let her suffer it’s better to hand her over than let her go on untreated. It’s true it will be very hard to re home her at her age and condition but if she stays with you she is likely to suffer a slow and agonising death. This must be prevented at all costs, the rspca will only put her down as an absolute last resort. Keep trying and looking into all possibilities. Good luck!

  7. Reply
    May 14, 2011 at 2:10 am

    Telephone your vet’s office and ask them for advice over the phone. Perhaps if you were to explain the financial situation to them, they may be willing to offer a payment plan.

    The Celia Hammond Animal Trust has clinics in Lewisham and Canning Town. I know these are not NW London, but they do offer low cost treatments to those people who don’t meet the RSPCA or PDSA requirements. It’s worth giving them a call as they may be able to help, or refer you to a vet closer to where you live who can help.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password