Where do you rank JAY BELL All Time in his ability as a SACRIFICE BUNTER?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit Where do you rank JAY BELL All Time in his ability as a SACRIFICE BUNTER?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I grew up in Pittsburgh, and I was AMAZED at his consistent ability to move runners in to scoring position. It got to the point where every opposing team KNEW that Jay was going to do that and Jay STILL was “almost” always successful…..I personally think that Jay Bell deserves A TON OF CREDIT for the success of the Pirates in the early 90’s that won 3 consecutive National League Eastern Division Championships.

Jay, in retrospect sacrificed more that just himself as an out. He ALSO sacrificed personal numbers that he could have easily aquired otherwise, because Jay had fine offensive prowess for his position. In fact, Jay went on to show that he was capable of hitting 40 homeruns once when he was allowed to stay offensively minded!

Jay was not only the best sacrifice bunter of his generation, but he was TRULY epitomized the term UNSELFISH PLAYER! XO

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password