Is this against the law friend will get the plates and insurance, and illegal will pay for it is tha

Tips and Deals Forums Home Insurance Is this against the law friend will get the plates and insurance, and illegal will pay for it is tha

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 8 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Anonymous

But fear of deportation prompted Feliz Ayala, 53, a Honduran living in Gaithersburg, to stop driving without a license after only two days.

“Every time I saw a police car,” he said, “I thought he was coming for me.”

Adrian said he hates breaking the law. And if he is caught, he has no question of what would happen. “They would deport me,” he said.

And then what? Would he return to the United States? He paused. “Maybe not. Because the laws are worse now.”

Yet they are not bad enough to deter Carlos, 43, who has spent the past year using public transportation or relying on friends to ferry him from his Gaithersburg home to jobs in the region. Without driving, however, he has not been able to earn enough money to support his wife and four children in Mexico.

So he has made a decision. With the help of a friend who is legal, he is going to buy a car. His friend will get the plates and insurance, and Carlos will pay for it.

“I’m scared,” he said, “but I’m going to do it.”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register New Account
Reset Password