First post – In rebuilding mode

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit First post – In rebuilding mode

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      inibip

First post here. I retired from the military in 2003 and immedietly went to work overseas for 5 years, no problem since my clearance was still active. After 5 years I came back and went to work someplace else that didn’t need one for 3 years then came back over here for the last 1.5 years. When I first got back to the states I found a delinquent that had gone to collections from the last apartment I lived in before I retired. But there were two bad things from the same place with the last 2 digits of that amount transposed so I called the comples to figure out what was going on and what the correct amount was. I paid it off directly to the apartment complex and thought I was done with it. I paid cash for my small house (hey, working overseas can be lucrative) and my truck was paid off so I just never applied for anything. Living with cash only. When I got ready to come back over here to work I pulled a report in preparation for my security clearance review and one of the amounts was still on there. I got copies of the check and statements from the complex that it had been paid. And disputed the amount, providing the CRS with all the documentation I had and it was removed. Now since I hadn’t had any credit for awhile I had to rebuild. Started with a Capital 1 card, you know the one $500 6 months later up to $750 then probably no higher than that. I was getting ready to apply for another card somewhere since it had been 1.5 years and no lates at all. Pulled reports yesterday from here so Equifax and TU and my numbers were TU 691 and EQ 643. I should mention that when I pulled them a year and a half ago they were around 550 I don’t remember exactly. I figured out the the reason the EQ was lower than I expected was the balance on the card. I really only use it on vacation and then pay it off but for some reason I didn’t pay the whole thing off this time just made larger than the minimum payments, all early. I used the FICo Score Simulator here on the site and it says my numbers would go up to around EQ 723-763 and TU 751-791. I’m not sure how accurate the simulator is but I paid off that card anyway. I’ll wait until I see soem reaction on my FICO before I apply for any more cards. Besides, the next time I move back to the sates I’ll be looking for a businees load, probably in 3 or 4 years. I know I make it sem like I had no issues clearing up the problems but you all know it wasn’t as easy as I made it out to be.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password