FHA approval with short sale history

Tips and Deals Forums Home Mortgage FHA approval with short sale history

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I’m curious if there are lenders that will approve a FHA loan with a short sale less than 3 years old.*
      My short sale closed in June 2009 and my reasoning for doing the short sell was that I was laid off from my job the year prior in October 2008. As a result of the short sale, there were also 30, 60, 90, and 120 day lates on the mortgage.*
      I know there are certain situations where FHA will allow you to get a loan with a short sale 2 to 3 years old (job layoff being one of them).
      I’ve talked to 3 lenders. 2 of them would not even spend the time on me until I’ve reached 3 years, the other lender did spend some time but came back saying that they could deal with the short sale being within 3 years, but not with the late payments.*
      My FICO and DTI are where they need to be. The only problem is the short sale.
      I guess my question is should I continue to try to find a lender that might be able to help me, or should I just wait until July when the 3 years is up?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password