Does paying off a debt collector increase my credit score?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve Credit Does paying off a debt collector increase my credit score?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I had a credit card with a high balance and they wrote it off, now a debt collector is calling me. If I pay it off will it show on my credit report or increase my credit score? If it doesn’t do either whats the point then?

thanks

walter2000
      Participant

I don’t think paying off debts increases ones credit score, but I have company who can , you see I have been hearing a lot about these credit assistance company, and how they have actually helped people fix their credit score and clear their debts too, although I was a bit skeptical about trying them because of the fear of scammers, but then again my credit score was at 315, and I didn’t have anything to lose and so I gave them a try, I was shocking enough that in less than a week they improved my credit score to 680 and since then it has been going up, right now im on 780, they also cleared my debts too, and they also taughtme how to keep my credit score up too, so why not give them a try rather than waste time and watch your credit go bad the more, you can email them at creditassistancecompany@gmail.com, and they would get right with you, thank me later

cmnerds
      Participant

I realize this is an old post but here’s a link to an article that may still be of use to anyone asking the same question and stumbles upon this post: https://creditfirminc.com/positive-versus-negative-credit/

cmnerds
      Participant

I realize this is an old post but the following link may be of use to anyone with a similar question that wants to understand what impacts their credit score and if simply paying off an old debt will help: https://creditfirminc.com/positive-versus-negative-credit/

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password