Charged off account sold to CO but only reported by OC, how do I fix?

Tips and Deals Forums Consumer Credit Improve credit Charged off account sold to CO but only reported by OC, how do I fix?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      inibip

I am gradually paying off my charged-off debts (one down, working on the second, two more to go) and working the GW angle after paying as I am not in a position to make full payment for PFD…
      On my Equifax and TU *reports, the one that has been fully paid is now showing as a collection with a balance of $0, as it should.
      The one I am paying off is showing up as a “bad debt/collection”, under the name of the OC (Capital One), with the highest amount I ever owed as the balance.
      Only that once, and not under the name of the CO I am paying off, *MCM, *with the current, lower balance.
      When I was originally making my payment arrangements, I called Capitol One, they told me they no longer had the account, and sent me to MCM…who have apparently never reported it to the CRAs.
      So who do I contact and how do I approach either getting the original charge-off to show a balance of $0 (it’s affecting my utilization, and I also need to show that i’ve paid all past chargeoffs for future mortgage purposes) or having the line removed entirely????
      If that means that the MCM collection shows up instead or along with it, that’s not great but at least it won’t mess with my utilization.
      I am not at all disputing that I owe and that MCM is legitimately collecting, especially since Cap One sent me to them, they didn’t approach me.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Register New Account
Reset Password