Does State Farm home insurance cover act-of-god accidents?

Deal Score0

There was a power surge last night and it knocked out my hdtv. Will my insurance go up if I file a claim to get $ 200 to help replace it. And does anyone with State Farm know if they will replace the TV or just give me $ 200..

  1. Reply
    June 27, 2011 at 5:21 pm

    There’s no such thing as an act of God accident, in the insurance world. Everything covered, or not covered, is specifically described on the policy.

    Power surge IS covered. Damage to tubes or transistors by power surge, is NOT covered. Anything that IS covered, is subject to your DEDUCTIBLE.

    So. How much is your deductible, and how much would it cost to replace the television, or fix it? They’d pay the lesser of those two, minus your deductible, as long as the damage isn’t to a tube or transistor.

  2. Reply
    R B
    June 27, 2011 at 6:21 pm

    A power surge hey. You can not file a claim for $ 200 to help replace a HDTV (how does something help replace). What you should do is either get an estimate to repair the set or get a price to replace the set..maybe its totaled .
    State Farm wont increase your rates for one small claim but if you show a tendency for many small claims they might act.

    Maybe you should increase your deductible and get a premium credit.

    In any event have a Merry Christmas.

  3. Reply
    June 27, 2011 at 6:22 pm

    That would be covered. But you have a deductible. It would not be worth it.

    And, your rates would increase because you would loose a claims free discount.

  4. Reply
    June 27, 2011 at 6:30 pm

    This loss is covered, however you will looe your clims free discount an if you were only getting 200 after your dedcutible, this would not be worse it.

    Merry Christmas.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password