does credit repair really help raise your credit score?

Deal Score0
5 Comments
  1. Reply
    sar
    June 29, 2011 at 10:09 am

    only if they are able to delete bad info

  2. Reply
    Gaytheist Buddha
    June 29, 2011 at 10:16 am

    Not likely. They pretty much just relieve your wallet of its excess money.

    AT BEST, they can only dispute errors on your file. You can do that yourself. Is it worth hundreds of dollars to pay someone else?

    Late payment notations remain on your credit report for 7 years.

    Here’s the sales pitch gimmick the credit repair places use: We’ll keep disputing everything on your report. Credit bureaus have to respond to us within 30 days, or it automatically drops off. Our computers will keep submitting disputes.

    Here’s why it fails: Credit companies have better computers to respond to frivolous credit repair disputes. You end up paying repair agency hundreds of dollars and get no results.

    Sorry to break the bad news.

    Learn more about how to manage your credit and finances wisely by reading “Personal Finance for Dummies” available from your public library (free) or an independent bookseller near you. Also on-line at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Personal-Finance-Dummies-Fourth-Tyson/dp/0764525905

  3. Reply
    Life Is Better After Retirement
    June 29, 2011 at 10:57 am

    NO it will most likely injure you further, 80% of these programs FAIL leaving you in much worse debt condition than before.
    Filing bankruptcy will WILL benefit you and you will most likely recover a few years sooner.

  4. Reply
    the Jim Gaudet
    June 29, 2011 at 11:32 am

    If 80% of these companies fail, then what’s up with the other 20%. They are helpful.

    THE TRUTH IS

    You CAN do this yourself for free! You can get a copy of your credit reports once a year for free and dispute any INACCURATE negative items. The main purpose will be to make sure there are no invalid marks on your reports so that you can work on repairing the real issues.

    Once your disputes have been either deleted or verified, you move to the next level…

    With a little patience and research you can help yourself. Now, sometimes people like to pay for services, even though they can do it themselves. Take Jiffy Lube for example. I know most people know how to change their oil, but are just too busy to get their hands dirty.

    That’s why you should use a credit repair service…

  5. Reply
    slydosarus26385
    June 29, 2011 at 11:53 am

    In my point of view credit repair is very helpful in improving my credit score. I once had a bad credit so I seek help to a lucrative credit repair agencies and I did a great job cause they never fail me. I did not only improve my credit but at the same time I also started to have my credit repair business. Right now I have my business and at the same time my score is increasing.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password