Divorced and need a mortgage in my name, that name is deleted exhusband.?

Deal Score0

Does anyone know if I for the 8000 dollar tax credit, since I’ll be buying the house on their own can qualify? Would I, as a first time buyer that the home was purchased at the same time more than 12 years? I hope this makes sense. Thank you.

  1. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 12:47 am

    No, you already own a home. You have for 12 years. You can not have owned in the last three, not “you can not have purchased”.

  2. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 1:09 am

    So I think I understand you saying that 12 years ago you and your husband purchased this house and your still paying on it but his name is now off the note and title? And you want to know if you qualify for tax credits now? I would have to say that this is the same house you’ve always been in and if your name has always been on the note than no but if it was in only your husbands and now it is in your name than honey there are all kinds of loopholes. But I think it has to be a new purchase not one that has been in the works for 12 years but it’s worth asking the question. Call the IRS before you file your

  3. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 1:39 am

    You do not qualify as a first time buyer, since you are currently on the title of your primary home. You must not have owned a primary residence in the past three years in order to qualify.

    The tax credit is not designed to provide monies to those who already have a house, and are just ‘switching title names’. It is an attempt to stimulate purchases of homes, many of which are empty.

  4. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 1:45 am

    You have to be a first time owner, or have not owned for 3 years.

  5. Reply
    April 30, 2011 at 2:00 am

    You already own a home, so, no, you would not qualify for the first time buyer’s credit. The only way I know of to get him off the loan is to refinance under your name only.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password