Child Support issues?

Deal Score0

It never ceases to amaze me how differently people view the issue of Child Support. It seems to be okay for an ex to file for divorce in an expensive state and subsequently move to a much cheaper cost of living. Although I completely agree with paying child support, I do not believe in lining the pockets of the ex. Child support should pay for an equitable amount of the rent/housing based upon the number of parties in the household. It should also take into account the same type of percentage of the food to ensure the child is adequately fed. It should account for keeping the child clothed and their health care needs being met through either child support payments or Medical/Dental insurance. I would even agree it should help pay for some baby sitting needs and other non-traceable miscellaneous needs of the child. However, it should not be paid out at three times the cost of the resident state the ex decides to live. Doing so unfairly penalizes the non-custodial parent.

  1. Reply
    November 10, 2011 at 4:04 am

    I can see your point, why don’t you try to find a job in that state and move there, you could see your kids more often too.

  2. Reply
    November 10, 2011 at 4:19 am

    good uotlook. i pay child support and know my ex wife is spending the money on herself and not my children. i think a petition should be made and signed by all those who agree with us and sent to a higher office to be dealt with properly. thanks for being someone who sees this as an issue

  3. Reply
    November 10, 2011 at 4:32 am

    I agree strongly with you dude. I’m a mother of four and right now I’m going thru a divorce and to be honest I’m not trying to break the dude with child support, but I do want you to understand it’s not easy knowing that here it is we share three kids together $ 1000.00 a month for them and he gives his outside child $ 700.00 a month plus help with whatever else he may need. So guess what if the judge grants us more than a $ 1000.00 a month than I’m going to happily except it. Cuz unlike some mother’s I do put the money that is giving to the best of my children needs. I’m not out living it up at his expense and the bad part about it he know that I’m not like that. I feel you, but know that she may be putting the money to the best of your son. Now, if you strongly feel that it’s unfair than pray about it and God will do the rest. Only if you know who he is dude…cuz he’s awesome. Good Luck!

  4. Reply
    November 10, 2011 at 4:53 am

    I am a single parent and have heard this argument before. I would like to know HOW do you decide on food, lights, water, gas? Where do we (single parents) go to get “fair” treatment when we have to take days off for illness, injury,snow days, teacher conferences. How will you make it an even playing field when we are awaken at 3am to a screaming child and have to get up at 6 for work? Explain to me how you put a price on the countless conversations you have with those children about why mommy and daddy don’t live together or why their lives are being turned upside down?
    Like I told my ex try living on what you give me for 6 months for a family of 2 and then tell me it’s too much.
    That was 8 months ago and I still have not gotten that phone call.

  5. Reply
    November 10, 2011 at 5:17 am

    If you are not satisfied with the court orders then file a modifcation of the orders also you can file for a change of venue to move the case to the new location the child lives in.

  6. Reply
    Papa Bear
    November 10, 2011 at 5:29 am

    For 20 years, in March, I’ve listen about, and many times, testified about in legislative committees on revising child support guideline, this issue. There is no simple way to solve it. Where does the child support benefit to the children stop, and its benefit to the mother begin? Yes, fathers do get child support, but with only 7 out of 1000 getting any, and many having to still pay it, the argument is not as easily made about custodial fathers.

    In days gone by, I’ve promoted the idea that the child support owed by both parents should go into a trust fund, to which the mother would have to provide evidence that the money is going to the benefit of the children.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password