Car Insurance or Home owners insurance? Is my car covered?

Deal Score0

I have a car that is stored in a locked enclosed car trailer on my property. I do not currently have auto insurance on it and was curious to know if it would be covered under my home owners insurance policy.

  1. Reply
    Uncle Jed
    June 26, 2011 at 10:54 am

    No cars are not covered on a homeowners policy……………

  2. Reply
    June 26, 2011 at 11:06 am

    Unfortunately, it is not covered under your home ins. nor is the car trailer. The car trailer should be able to add to your auto ins fairly cheap because of no motor and if you have a classic car that needs coverage if you drive it less than 300 miles a year the policy for them are really cheap even for full coverage. Call your agent and ask about the classic car ins or go online to Hagerty Classic Car Insurance. Also if you have a tag on it and no ins….you need to turn the tag in for a tag voucher until you are ready to drive it. This will prevent any driver’s license trouble.

  3. Reply
    June 26, 2011 at 11:34 am

    No, the car is not covered under the homeowners

  4. Reply
    June 26, 2011 at 12:11 pm

    No, your homeowners policy will not cover the car or trailer. You can shop around to Independent Insurances Agencies and find a company that will cover the car for Comp & collision and the trailer also. The trailer does not need B.I.P.D. (Bodily Injury Property Damage) as that is covered by whatever vehicle is towing it. In some states if the vehicle does not have B.I.P.D. you must turn in the plates and get a certificate of non-operation.

  5. Reply
    June 26, 2011 at 12:30 pm

    neither the car or the trailer will be covered unfortunately.

    if you go to: you can easily search competing insurance companies and get quotes in minutes for free. you can even bundle your auto and home insurance and sae even more money.

    solution number: RNYJ1
    last name: Caron

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password