Can you rent a house, while promised by Veterans Affairs?

Deal Score0

I’m in a house for a little over 2 years and I wonder if I rent in a position to be home when I leave. I have a VA loan against it, and since it does not allow loans for investment properties. Does this mean I live there for a number of years before I want to rent?
So first of all I would say I’m 23 and live with my mother who is 50 and who is the man (my father) has recently passed on December 1. Before she was a few months have not been paid their mortgage, because it is under his name and he was unemployed and in and out of the Krankenhaus. Jetzt is the house that was eventually moved in with sound (there was no will) a few weeks. She fought with the bank to get information on mortgages and was fought with the Veterans of money owed to her as a widow and I think it’s terrible to get money. It has always been my father in the Verantwortung.Ich went to it yesterday for about an hour and half, and I need to pay to cross the bridge to see her, and with the rights and gas prices as they are I have not money to see you in concert. When I was there yesterday, I raised my voice to her about feeding the dog …. marsh mallows treated as continuing in other Kommentareund she was offended when I told him not to feed the dog a lot, mind raised his voice a bit and I’m serious, but it has angry and refused to speak to me for the rest of the night. I gave him a book I had, and she basically told me off. This morning, I asked if she wanted to brake quickly, she said no and left the house, then returned and went to bed. When I left, I was asked if she was angry Awak a “yes” and told him I was leaving, a quick “goodbye” was. Normally it is not so.Sie under anti-depressants. I’m worried that she might commit suicide or something. I do not know what to do. She will not talk to me or take my calls. All family members in Canada and we live in the United States, Inc. to be exact. I have no family Zahlen.Ich do not know what to do ist.Sie suffered from depression in the past, really bad and tried to commit suicide than Teenager.Im concerned because she has no money and the house is in foreclosure in the near future 3. April and I will not know where they live is the passiertSie can not stay with me because I was with my boyfriend’s parents now know enough leben.Ich not important what I do when I kann.Im n ‘ did not even have money for gas. He has no support group, no church, she works all ZeitIch’m her support group and they will not with me redenSie no friends, and she did not like my father has always I do not think it’s a great thing, is that all these things, she is faced with never treated before.

  1. Reply
    Rita Gibbons
    January 30, 2011 at 7:24 pm

    In order to qualify for a VA loan, the property had to be your primary residence. You have lived in the property. Because the house was your primary residence when you took the loan, you qualified for a VA loan (this is also an FHA requirement). You are free to move out and use the house as a rental property.

  2. Reply
    Ed Atun
    January 30, 2011 at 7:56 pm

    It is not spelled-out in the VA rulebooks. You just need to be able to prove that you did not commit fraud when you promised that you would be occupying this house. That does not mean that you must stay there for 30 years. You have the right to rent it out. Most people think that 1 year of occupancy would satisfy the VA. You have satisfied that. But they could look for evidence of fraud ( not by you in this case but generally) to see if you moved in renters on Day One but that you slept there occasionally just to say you were the “occupant”.

  3. Reply
    January 30, 2011 at 8:28 pm

    Sorry to hear this bad news… Does she have a support group… a church or a group of friends?

  4. Reply
    Oh, Natey-O!
    January 30, 2011 at 9:06 pm

    she lost her husband. I cant imagine the pain. I say let her do what she wants as long as whatever she does with her time makes her happy… probly not the answer you want to hear

  5. Reply
    January 30, 2011 at 9:16 pm

    Depression sounds like a normal response to what has happened to your mom- losing her husband and serious financial difficulties.
    Do you have anyone that you trust that you can talk to- that can give you some advice or possibly help your mother out with somewhere safe to stay?
    You can look into any charity agencies in the area that can provide services ( mental, counseling, food, place to stay, etc)
    You mother is acting sort of bizarre- like someone whose not handling things well. If possible may be you could take some time off and spend it with her until the house forclosure comes through. If she has no one else this may be when she really needs you.
    You said that she acts like she doesn’t want you right now.
    1) that may or may not be the case- probably a good amount of her acting out is her reacting to losing her husband and possibly her home.
    May be just keeping in mind that her behavior isn’t really personal can help.
    She may just need to be close to you right now, even if she doesn’t act like it.

    Im definitely NOT saying that is what is going on… just that it’s a possibility. you are probably the best judge of what is going on because you are actually seeing it 1st hand. good luck though.

  6. Reply
    just curious
    January 30, 2011 at 9:24 pm

    Just be supportive as possible. Apologize for yelling at her (even if you felt that you were justified, sometimes you just gotta be the bigger man). Send her flowers if you can’t visit. Call her often even if you get the cold shoulder. She’s just mourning and to top it off she has all this stress. Do you have any siblings/ close cousins who could help cheer her up?

  7. Reply
    January 30, 2011 at 10:20 pm

    I am really sorry to hear about the position your mother is in and also you.
    I really wouldnt worry about her feeding the dog marshmellos at this time really that the last thing that should be on anyones mind at this time
    She is in grief and so are you..
    and with the confusion about her home thats contributing towards how she is feeling.
    Ring her apoligise about the dog you can be of more help if you are still on talking terms
    If she wont accept your call then write a card…
    if you need to chat you may if you like contact me via nickname i will reply
    Some grief therapy is needed here..maybe for the whole famiky
    i wish you all the best of luck–hell this question has me in tears but there is always something around the corner dont give up and i dont think mum with either

  8. Reply
    January 30, 2011 at 10:21 pm

    Your Mum is having to deal with the loss and grief of your Dad’s death as well as being challenged to deal with issues of independence. This is a major time of adjustment for her.
    Having support at this time would be helpful to her, I wonder whether you can phone your mum frequently if traveling to visit her is an issue. Perhaps you can contact Veteran’s Affairs and have your Mother referred to a Counsellor.
    Listening and acknowledging emotional pain is helpful, plus being gentle with her and also yourself as I am sure you too are grieving for your Dad.

  9. Reply
    Angie M
    January 30, 2011 at 11:18 pm

    No matter what try not to fight. Let her know how much you love her and need her to be in your life. And even show her by asking her to help you decide things or her opinion on things and try to come up with some activity you can do together in the near future that you and her can plan for and look forward to. She will try to fight with you so you will not want to be around her because she thinks you don’t want to be around her. Just let it all slide right off of you and it will make it very hard for her to keep snapping at you. The abuse will hurt you, and she probably won’t be the mother figure you need, but try to make her feel like she is the mother you need right now whether she is happy or sad. If it were me and my mom (and I might have to go through this same thing some day soon) I would figure out some kind of long term plan so you can live closer. Foreclosure is not a terrible thing. Your credit is shot but you can live in an apartment and life continues. Maybe try to convince her that the house troubles are just too much to take on for something that is not absolutely set in stone. Ditch the house and the stress and see if she can find a job near you and get an apartment close by. Then you can both be poor and happy together eating frozen pizza and car pooling.

  10. Reply
    January 30, 2011 at 11:47 pm

    if you are feeling this unsafe of her being by herself, maybe you need to call her doctor and see if he cant talk to her, because she isn’t talking to you

  11. Reply
    January 31, 2011 at 12:40 am

    Maybe she might need help financially, there are social agencies for that. It may take time but there is help. Unless she is too proud to ask for the help. or she does not know about these agencies.

    There are churches for counseling.

    I know when my husband died, he also paid all the bills and the doctor gave me tranquillizers for stress after he died. I didn’t start taking them until the bills came.

    I just started over, but it takes time so I hope you can get some support for her.

    Right now just let her know you are there for her.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password