Can you bring home Army life insurance papers to sign if you are changing the number of dependants?

Deal Score0

If you can could the spouse turn in the papers?

  1. Reply
    June 26, 2011 at 9:27 am

    why not! do it

  2. Reply
    MAJ Kev
    June 26, 2011 at 10:20 am


    There is no such thing as “Army Life Insurance”.

    What we have is a life insurance program called Servicemen’s Group Life Insurance, or SGLI. It is a DoD-wide program. The only one who signs it is the Servicemember themselves. There is no reason to bring it home. All the troop needs to do to change it is go his servicing admin section and tell them he wants to update / change his SGLI. He then adds, or subtracts, who he wants to put on the form, and resigns.

    There is no provision for the spouse to do anything, as the SGLI form must be signed in front of the admin clerk.

    There are some additional regulations on the form, such as how much can be left to someone, who may receive funds, etc, but the above is the bottom line.

    Leave a reply

    Register New Account
    Reset Password